Présentation de l'éditeur
Mixed-Media Mosaics offers a fresh, new approach to a traditional art form. By making your own tiles from polymer clay, you control the size, shape, color and even the texture, resulting in beautiful finished pieces that include tabletops, boxes, jewelry and shrines.
In addition to learning traditional tiling techniques such as working with grout and cutting glass tile, you'll also explore creative options for personalizing tiles:
- Discover the magic of mica powders and the regal look they can give to mosaics
- Learn quick and easy ways of adding paint to handcrafted and commercial tile
- See how easy it is to create molds and cast your own relief tiles
- Find ways to add personal meaning to your work with the addition of text tiles
- Experiment with the addition of beads, jewelry and other embellishments by embedding them right into the tile!
Whether you'd like to complete a mosaic tabletop for your patio, a jewelry box as a special gift, or simply experiment with jewelry, you'll find the inspiration you seek in Mixed-Media Mosaics. Start creating your custom mosaic pieces today.