Présentation de l'éditeur
NEED MATERIAL FOR CLASS MONOLOGUES AND AUDITIONS?
Make Your Search Easier
This series of booklets, Shakespeare Monologues for your "type," is designed to make this task a whole lot easier. Unlike many books where you buy dozens of monologues only to find that most are "wrong age," "wrong gender," or "wrong type," this series has pre-sorted speeches into useful groupings.
In this volume you will find 10 speeches, especially selected for the you: this volume is the "Juliet" collection. It contains ten speeches particularly useful for young (high school and college-aged) leading women, suited to actors who are potential Juliets and other teenaged heroines of Shakespeare's plays. The collection steers clear of the clichéd choices and offers fresh, gripping material that will help you stand out from the crowd.
For each selection you will find:
* the complete speech, newly edited for this booklet by Shakespearean scholar and director Kurt Daw;
* extensive notes on the scansion that tells you exactly how to pronounce any tricky or archaic words in the monologue;
* a full introduction to the speech explaining the context of the speech;
* and suggestions for acting the role.
In addition, this booklet also contains:
* an extensive list of resources including links to great (free) websites,
* annotated lists of the best reference books
* and multi-media sources,
* and a FREE special offer.