Présentation de l'éditeur
- Demonstrates Web application development by presenting ten real, ready-to-use examples
- Samples start with a simple guess book and end with a fully-functional e-commerce site with a shopping cart
- New features include both MySQL 4.1 and PHP 4.2
- Latest edition contains new applications including log analysis and project tracking
- CD-ROM includes all the code and examples applications from the book in addition to MySQL, PHP, Apache, PHP classes, libraries, utilities, and other tools
Quatrième de couverture
The popularity of using MySQL and PHP to create organized and efficient Web sites is growing at a steady pace. MySQL has proven itself to be fast, robust, and easy to use. It works well with PHP, and it’s perfect for Web applications for simple to robust sites. For many developers, PHP is the next obvious step from HTML due to the fact that it was written specifically for use on the Web, it’s cross–platform, and it’s relatively easy to understand and write. MySQL/PHP Database Applications, Second Edition, demonstrates Web–application development using MySQL and PHP by presenting multiple practical, ready–to–use examples ranging from a simple guestbook to a fully functional e–commerce site with a shopping cart. Other applications include a catalog, a content manager, a threaded discussion, and a problem–tracking system. You’ll learn the essentials of working with MySQL and PHP so you can start building and customizing database applications for the Web in no time!
This edition offers updated coverage of MySQL 4.0 and an extensive look ahead into PHP 5. The example code was rewritten to run against the new PHP engine, and this edition explores its new object–oriented features, as well as improvements in XML processing, remote file access, and other areas. Containing advice on how to easily tweak and customize a site, this book:
- Provides a concise introduction to working with MySQL and PHP
- Includes complete applications project management system and message board
- Delivers ready–to–use code for error handling, user and session management, and templating
- Helps create code with SOAP services
The CD–ROM contains the example code and applications from the book, as well as MySQL, PHP, and Apache.