Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 11,38|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 3,27 (29%)
Not in Front of the Corgis: Secrets of Life Behind the Royal Curtains Format Kindle
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Much time was allowed for detailed descriptions of royal homes, but with no photographs or line drawings to accompany the text these were not exactly the highlights of the book. For me, the most valuable sections dealt with the attitude of the Royals for their servants -- an accident of birth alone makes one person the mistress or master and the other their social "inferior." While we Americans may have gone too far the other way, not being able to sit in the royal presence without permission is something with which I cannot identify. Is it any wonder that those of us who follow the Royals look for the human moments in their stories? I do not think it is an accident that the most popular members of the family (the Princess Royal and the late Princess Diana, to give just two examples)are the ones who seem more involved in "real life." In that regard, Hoey gives good thumbnail sketches of the more prominent members of the family. Having always had a secret admiration for Prince Phillip, I was glad to read that his staff is very loyal to him and that much of his reputation as a martinet is overblown. In most of the stories, dismissed staff members had overstepped their bounds by being too familiar, bounds of which they must have been aware when they were hired.
I think the book will be of great interest to those who can never get enough of the Royals and those who want to know salary grades, duties of the staff and servants, with some personal information on the royal family thrown in. I disagree with the reviewer who feels that the author dislikes the Royal Family. Just because one doesn't worship at the shrine doesn't mean one hates or dislikes one's subject matter. As to the Kindle edition, I appreciate that we were given the cover of the book with the picture of the adorable Corgi, not just the title page as is often the case with e-books. There were a few typos, but nothing of significance. My e-book was without pictures, and I do not know if that was the case with the print edition. It is a book that cries out for illustrations!
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Humor
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > History > Europe > England
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Reference > Fun Facts
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Humour
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Humor
- Livres anglais et étrangers > History > Europe > England
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Reference > Fun Facts