Présentation de l'éditeur
The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (500,000 Scripture cross-references) by R.A. Torrey
How to Study the Bible for Greatest Profit (a course on Bible study methods) by R.A. Torrey
Daily Bread (one-year Bible reading calendar) by R.M. M'Cheyne
and other resources and materials
Unlike other Study Bibles, this one lets the Bible interpret itself through a half of one million crossreferences/hyperlinks. This is the one to buy if you would like to learn what God's Word says of itself. In addition, this volume incorporates an active table of contents, a joystick navigation between chapters, and a cross-reference system between the Bible study resources and the included Bible (with Direct Verse Jump and Direct Verse Jump 2, see instructions within the book), which makes it easy to locate any place within the Bible study resources or the Scriptures in seconds. The table of contents allows navigation to any chapter of the Scriptures, with the hyperlinked dot to the right of each chapter leading to the corresponding place in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. Each title and each verse number in the included Bible is hyperlinked to the corresponding passage in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, and each reference in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge is hyperlinked to the corresponding passage in the Bible.
NOTE: Many features of this publication will not work on Kindle 1, software Kindles such as Kindles for PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry or Android. This edition is not TTS(text-to-speech)-friendly due to the way TTS works on the Kindle.
* * *
NOTE: Some of the features of this publication will not work on Kindle 1, Kindle Fire, and software Kindles such as Kindles for PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry or Android. This edition is not TTS(text-to-speech)-friendly due to the way TTS works on the Kindle. If you would like a TTS-friendly edition of the KJV, please purchase a TTS-friendly KJV publication from OSNOVA.
For other publications by OSNOVA, please visit http://osnova.com/
If you have any questions at all about this or any other OSNOVA publication, please email us at email@example.com
Quotes from How to Study the Bible for Greatest Profit:
* The Bible is much read, but comparatively little studied.
* We cannot all be profound students of nature; we can all be profound students of Scripture.
* A person who understands the language of the Holy Spirit, but who does not understand a word of Greek or Hebrew or Aramaic, will get more out of the Bible, than one, who knows all about Greek and Hebrew and cognate languages, but is not born again, and, consequently, does not understand the language of the Holy Spirit.
* One of the greatest follies of the day, is to set unregenerate men to teaching the Bible, because of their rare knowledge of the human forms of speech in which the book was written. It would be as reasonable to set a man to teach art because he had an accurate technical knowledge of paints.
* It should be distinctly understood, that, while there are teachings in the Bible that the natural man can understand, and beauties which he can see, its most distinctive and characteristic teachings are beyond his grasp, and its highest beauties belong to a world in which he has no vision. The first fundamental condition of the most profitable Bible study, is, then, “Ye must be born again.” You cannot study the Bible to the greatest profit if you have not been born again. Its best treasures are sealed to you.