Présentation de l'éditeur
Oracle Core: Essential Internals for DBAs and Developers by Jonathan Lewis provides just the essential information about Oracle Database internals that every database administrator needs for troubleshootingno more, no less.
Oracle Database seems complex on the surface. However, its extensive feature set is really built upon upon a core infrastructure resulting from sound architectural decisions made very early on that have stood the test of time. This core infrastructure manages transactions and the ability to commit and roll back changes, protects the integrity of the database, enables backup and recovery, and allows for scalability to thousands of users all accessing the same data.
Most performance, backup, and recovery problems that database administrators face on a daily basis can easily be identified through understanding the essential core of Oracle Database architecture that Lewis describes in this book.
- Provides proven content from a world-renowned performance and troubleshooting expert
- Emphasizes the significance of internals knowledge to rapid identification of database performance problems
- Covers the core essentials and does not waste your time with esoterica
What youll learn
- Oracle's core architectural foundations
- How much overhead is reasonable
- How to recognize when you're doing too much work
- How to predict bottlenecks and why they will happen
- How to minimise contention and locking
- Why concurrency can slow things down significantly