Présentation de l'éditeur
Master the Powerful Virtualization Tools in Oracle VM
Set up and maintain a dynamic virtualization platform across your enterprise using the detailed information contained in this Oracle Press guide. Oracle VM Implementation and Administration Guide contains key virtualization concepts, practical instructions, examples, and best practices. Find out how to design Oracle VM server farms, build and deploy virtual machines, handle provisioning and cloning, and work with Oracle VM Manager. Monitoring, tuning, and security techniques are also covered in this comprehensive volume.
- Install, configure, and manage all Oracle VM components
- Plan, size, and set up Oracle VM server farms and server pools
- Control resources from Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle VM Manager, and Oracle VM Command Line Interface
- Govern network drives and virtual storage using Oracle VM tools
- Create virtual machines manually or from Oracle library templates
- Convert existing virtual machines on other systems to Oracle VM virtual machines
- Generate virtual machine clones that run on multiple server pools
- Maintain guest operating systems and software using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control's Oracle VM Management Pack
Biographie de l'auteur
Edward Whalen is Chairman and CEO of Performance Tuning Corporation, a consulting company specializing in database performance tuning, administration, high-availability and security solutions. He is the author of nine books on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server, including Oracle Database 10g Linux Administration. Mr. Whalen is recognized as a leader in database performance tuning and optimization.