- Concours d'écriture "Les Plumes Francophones" : tentez de gagner 3 000 euros en publiant votre livre. En savoir plus .
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
Autres vendeurs sur Amazon
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Descriptions du produit
Special Limited Deluxe Collector s Edition / Fully remastered sound shaped from 24 BIT digital technology / Features Bob Welch (Fleetwood Mac), Glenn Cornick (Jethro Tull) & Thom Mooney (The Nazz) / 16 page full colour booklet 3,000 word essay, enhanced artwork, memorabilia, rare photos and new interviews. IT S CONSTANTLY baffling how many great records get lost in the shuffle. Dig a little deeper into the void and the amount of utterly spellbinding albums, which barely registered a blip on the radar when released, can now be reassessed as works of staggering accomplishment. The debut Paris album is one such creation, a record that continues to defy all attempts to dismiss it as little more than a passing curio. In many respects Paris, the band, can be labelled as a mini supergroup. Formed by ex Fleetwood Mac guitarist Bob Welch, with former Jethro Tull bassist Glenn Cornick and drummer Thom Mooney from the Nazz, they were signed to Capitol records and put into the studio with seasoned producer/engineer Jimmy Robinson (Detective). The recording took nearly a year and the results were spectacular. Unashamedly reminiscent of Led Zeppelin, the band s style focussed on powerful, crunchy riffs, laced with a funky undertow. But it wasn t all about the music as Bob Welch s bizarre, some might say, spooky lyrics provided yet another murky depth to the package. With references to both religion and metaphysical inspiration, the songs make for captivating listening; check out Black Book , Beautiful Youth , Rock Of Ages and album centre piece Narrow Gate (La Porte Etroite) for some of the best examples of mid-seventies hard rock crafted by any band this side of Led Zeppelin.
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
I enjoyed several songs of Fleetwood Mac version 1, but it was not my favorite band in the world, as my taste leaned more towards hard and progressive rock. When I first heard this record I was stunned. Musically, lyrically and production-wise this is in my top 50 favorites of all time. It even veers into progressive territory with The Narrow Gate.
Welch's vocals, guitar and songwriting and muscular, wild and powerful. I have listened to this set for nearly 40 years now and still enjoy almost all of the songs. Cornick and Yorke's rhythm section supports his voice and guitar well.
The second album of Paris was definitely a disappointment and I only keep it for nostalgia. I got French Kiss and found nothing musicall interesting in it to me and took it to the used record store. To each his own.
I don't agree at all with the Allmusic reviewer's rating of 2/5 stars, but I respect everyone's opinion. (I guess Allmusic users agree with me since the average of 4 ratings is 5/5.) Definitely try to get a good pressing or CD version of this and I can't imagine you being disappointed.
(And finally, R.I.P. Bob Welch, it is very sad he was in such pain that he felt he needed to end his own life.)