Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 18,99|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 5,66 (30%)
The Pat Metheny Interviews Format Kindle
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Firstly, this is a presumably faithful transcript of four radio interviews (plus brief comments from Gary Burton & others) - it is NOT an in-depth biography or exploration of "all things" Metheny; for this, I think a journey through Pat's website (particularly the "Q&A" Section) has far more detail, particularly for the period before "Speaking of Now".
Secondly, the interviews are conducted more in the nature of a "fawning" fan than a musicologist - I'm not dissing the man's credentials but alas there's too much familiarity here & not enough genuine questioniong/critiquing or dare I say controversy (eg what does Pat think of his Kenny G comments 20(?) years on; what does he think of Wynton Marsalis' views on "jazz" etc??). Others have noted that Niles' closeness to Metheny allows him to get "more" out of him but to my mind, having read lots of interviews with Pat, I find he is pretty open & forthcoming in all of them.
Thirdly, seems to me that Metheny's pre-Nonesuch career is already pretty well documented so I was REALLY hoping that this book would spend a lot of time exploring the period from & including "Speaking of Now" & that magnificent opus "The Way Up"(new Band members, philosophy behind TWU etc etc). Alas in hastening to the "present" (ie. the Trio dates with Sanchez & McBride) the interviews skate over this period almost as if it never existed.
So, overall not a "bad" book but hardly satisfying for anyone wanting to really get down deep inside this acclaimed musician.
Author Richard Niles' close friendship with Metheny has allowed him to interview and relate in explicit style and with extreme accuracy the focused and compelling journey that has made Pat Metheny one of the greatest jazz guitarists of all time.
This is a must read.
Steve Rowland (Record Producer, London, England)
It was great to read about his upbringing especially those first years of him playing guitar, the records he
check out and who inspired him. What was fascinating most of all was his tenacity for practicing and dedication.
Looking forward to reading it again.
I really believe this would be a good book not only for musicians but other artists and entrepreneurs as well. Pat describes how early on he knew exactly what he wanted to do and points to the decisions he made along the way to that end.
I found this a very enjoyable read, especially the abstract ideas Pat talks about like "the big questions" and "art as hyper-reality". I also believe this would probably fit well in a college music course for it's practical content as well as it's "out of the box" discussions.
The only thing I think could be added is possibly a web link so you could listen in on some of the interviews and Pat playing those riffs notated at the end. I would highly recommend this book.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Guitar
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Jazz
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Guitar
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Jazz