Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide, Second Edition (Anglais) Broché – 24 octobre 2013
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) is the essence of data integration and this book shows you how to achieve it quickly and efficiently using Pentaho Data. A hands-on guide that youll find an indispensable time-saver.
- Manipulate your data by exploring, transforming, validating, and integrating it
- Learn to migrate data between applications
- Explore several features of Pentaho Data Integration 5.0
- Connect to any database engine, explore the databases, and perform all kind of operations on databases
Capturing, manipulating, cleansing, transferring, and loading data effectively are the prime requirements in every IT organization. Achieving these tasks require people devoted to developing extensive software programs, or investing in ETL or data integration tools that can simplify this work.
Pentaho Data Integration is a full-featured open source ETL solution that allows you to meet these requirements. Pentaho Data Integration has an intuitive, graphical, drag-and-drop design environment and its ETL capabilities are powerful. However, getting started with Pentaho Data Integration can be difficult or confusing.
"Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide, Second Edition" provides the guidance needed to overcome that difficulty, covering all the possible key features of Pentaho Data Integration.
"Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide, Second Edition" starts with the installation of Pentaho Data Integration software and then moves on to cover all the key Pentaho Data Integration concepts. Each chapter introduces new features, allowing you to gradually get involved with the tool. First, you will learn to do all kinds of data manipulation and work with plain files. Then, the book gives you a primer on databases and teaches you how to work with databases inside Pentaho Data Integration. Moreover, you will be introduced to data warehouse concepts and you will learn how to load data in a data warehouse. After that, you will learn to implement simple and complex processes. Finally, you will have the opportunity of applying and reinforcing all the learned concepts through the implementation of a simple datamart.
With "Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide, Second Edition", you will learn everything you need to know in order to meet your data manipulation requirements.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and get started with Pentaho Data Integration
- Get started with MySQL
- Learn the ins and outs of Spoon, the graphical designer tool
- Transform data in several ways such as performing simple and complex calculations, cleaning, counting, de-duplicating, filtering, and ordering
- Learn to get data from all kind of data sources as plain files, Excel spreadsheets, databases, XML files and more, then preview it, and send it back to the same or different destinations
- Discover how to read and parse unstructured files
- Use Pentaho Data Integration to perform CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations on databases
- Learn the basic concepts of data warehousing
- Populate a data warehouse with Pentaho Data Integration including loading slowly changing dimensions, junk dimensions, time dimensions and more
- Implement business processes by scheduling tasks, checking conditions, organizing files and folders, running daily processes, treating errors, and so on in a way that meets your requirements
Biographie de l'auteur
María Carina Roldán
María Carina Roldán was born in Esquel, Argentina, and earned her Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP) and then moved to Buenos Aires where she has lived since 1994.
She has worked as a BI consultant for almost fifteen years. She started working with Pentaho technology back in 2006. Over the last three and a half years, she has been devoted to working full time for Webdetailsa company acquired by Pentaho in 2013as an ETL specialist.
Carina is the author of Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration Beginner's Book, Packt Publishing, April 2009, and the co-author of Pentaho Data Integration 4 Cookbook, Packt Publishing, June 2011.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
all aspects of this extraordinary ETL tool: transformations, jobs, data manipulation, filtering, sorting, searching, basic and advanced flows of data and an interesting final appendinx about best practices.
In my opinion for every IT consultant and manager, the knowledge of a ETL tool is mandatory and with such a book, it's very easy and stimulating learning it by experimenting real situation examples.
The book consists of 502 pages divided in 12 chapters and 6 appendixes.