- Concours d'écriture "Les Plumes Francophones" : tentez de gagner 3 000 euros en publiant votre livre. En savoir plus .
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
Playing to An Audience of One CD, Enregistrement original remasterisé, Import
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Descriptions du produit
Can't We Just Sit Down And Talk It Over
I Wish I Was
Going In With My Eyes Open
Playing To An Audience Of One
By The Devil (I Was Tempted)
Nobody But A Fool Or A Preacher
Don't Give Up On Us
Let's Have A Quiet Night In
It Sure Brings Out The Love In Your Eyes
Friend Of Mine
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Thing is, 'David Soul' wasn't much cop (no pun intended). It was basically a collection of below-par self-written songs mixed with a few uninspired covers. His UK record label, Private Stock, saw the problem and songwriter Tony Macaulay was called upon to deliver a hit. This he did with what became Soul's best known song, 'Don't Give Up On Us'. Unfortunately, it was recorded too late to be included on the UK edition of the album (though I believe it was on the US version) but still went to #1 and the album sold well off the back of it.
Skip forward to September 1977 and it was time for a second LP. 'Playing To An Audience Of One' didn't make the same mistake his first album did. Macaulay was heavily involved contributing Soul's second UK #1, the excellent 'Silver Lady' along with many of the other better tracks.
Soul's self-penned tracks were, again, perhaps the weakest selections here though 'I Wish I Was' is pretty and 'Rider' has a nice country feel. He covers 'The Tattler' (OK, but not as good as Linda Ronstadt's version) and 'Nobody But A Fool Or A Preacher' but for me it's the Macaulay tracks that stand out.
This UK CD is good value featuring Soul's last 2 UK hits, 'Let's Have A Quiet Night In' and 'It Sure Brings Out The Love In Your Eyes' but isn't mastered too well. It's loud enough but many of Soul's vocals have a 'thick' sound to them. Indeed, the quality of 'Going In With My Eyes Open' is so rough I began to wonder if it was taken from vinyl (something 7ts and parent label Cherry Red aren't averse too) and 'Don't Give Up On Us' has a really shaky drop-out ridden start which I've never heard on other CD issues of the song. A shame more care wasn't taken.
Still, PTAAOO is worth your money , it's packaged nicely, too, and I'd recommend getting it soon (despite the sound niggles) as I wouldn't imagine it will be around too long
I played it over and over and it became one of my favorites although mi record collection had (and still has) records from Led Zeppelin; Queen, Deep Purple; Rolling Stones; among many others.
It was when I bought of this record that I started paying more attention to some other kind of music such as Donna Summer; Bee Gees; etc.
I recomend this record to everyone. The music is soft and takes you back to the 70's.
The sound on this edition is very good. The bonus tracks makes the plaesure longer.