Présentation de l'éditeur
Increasingly, personnel administrative duties within schools have been delegated to the local school principal. This accessible book arms school leaders with the knowledge and skills required to be an effective human resources leader and shows them how to fold these additional duties seamlessly into their daily routines. This practical resource provides school administrators with guidance on personnel selection, growth and development, orientation and placement, school climate, legal processes, leadership for classified staff and other important human resources processes.
• Grounded in extensive research and interviews with practicing principals
• Provides a wealth of examples, strategies, tips, and best practices for leading the human resources function at the school level
• Chapter exercises and case studies explore the skills and knowledge needed for effective human resource leadership
• Details the significance of developing a positive school climate
• Legal aspects of human resources administration are made digestible and understandable
Biographie de l'auteur
Dr. M. Scott Norton is a former public school teacher, coordinator of curriculum, assistant superintendent, and superintendent of schools. He has served as professor and vice-chair of the Department of Educational Administration at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and as professor and chair of the Department of Educational Administration at Arizona State University where he is currently professor emeritus.