Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting (Anglais) Broché – 30 octobre 2012
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Quatrième de couverture
Proven techniques and best practices for troubleshooting SQL Server 2012
This book is packed with expert advice and real–world examples, showing you how to troubleshoot SQL Server 2012 based on a thorough understanding of SQL Server and Windows internals. It shows how to master the use of specific troubleshooting tools, and how to interpret their output to quickly identify and resolve any performance issue?on any server running SQL Server.
Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting:
- Takes you through the life cycle of a query to help present SQL Server′s architecture in a practical context
- Helps to demystify server hardware and storage systems and examines how SQL Server uses memory and how you should configure it
- Explores query processing and execution, locking, and how tempdb works
- Shows how to use troubleshooting tools to gather, analyze, and respond to the source of a system–wide performance issue
- Details how to enhance your troubleshooting toolset with Powershell and Extended Events, and how to manage SQL Server in a virtual environment
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
I think this is a great book for people initiating on performance troubleshooting ( DBA Jr and/ or semi Sr).
If you are a highly experienced DBA looking for in depth detail, then wait for the upcoming SQL 2012 Internals from Kalen Delaney.
With "Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting" you'll go to the next step in the same great way.
All SQL Server DBA will find something to satisfy them. And much more!
Both theoretical and practical, it leads you into the depths with profit.
I really enjoy. Hope you too :))
Part two of the book dives into the diagnostics and troubleshooting arena. First off, the book deals with the correct approach/best practices of troubleshooting and analysis. There are a plethora of diagnostics tools available today and sometimes the DBA is clueless about the quality of these tools. The book meticulously covers some of such solid tools like Performance Monitor, PAL, SQLDIAG, SQL Nexus, Powershell etc. There is one chapter dedicated to each of these tools. Extended events have come to the forefront with SQL Server 2012. There is now an inbuilt graphical interface that can be used. The best part is that they have a very low impact on the overall performance. Extended events are covered thoroughly in the book. The last chapter deals with SQL Server virtualization and how to use it within the enterprise.
Overall, I will give two thumbs up to the book. This can easily become a reference guide for any DBA during his day-to-day job responsibility. I will definitely recommend the book to my fellow DBAs.