Présentation de l'éditeur
Make the most out of the world’s first truly compact computer
It's the size of a credit card, it can be charged like a smartphone, it runs on open-source Linux, and it holds the promise of bringing programming and playing to millions at low cost. And now you can learn how to use this amazing computer from its co-creator, Eben Upton, in Raspberry Pi User Guide. Cowritten with Gareth Halfacree, this guide gets you up and running on Raspberry Pi, whether you're an educator, hacker, hobbyist, or kid. Learn how to connect your Pi to other hardware, install software, write basic programs, and set it up to run robots, multimedia centers, and more.
- Gets you up and running on Raspberry Pi, a high-tech computer the size of a credit card
- Helps educators teach students how to program
- Covers connecting Raspberry Pi to other hardware, such as monitors and keyboards, how to install software, and how to configure Raspberry Pi
- Shows you how to set up Raspberry Pi as a simple productivity computer, write basic programs in Python, connect to servos and sensors, and drive a robot or multimedia center
Adults, kids, and devoted hardware hackers, now that you've got a Raspberry Pi, get the very most out of it with Raspberry Pi User Guide.
Quatrième de couverture
The essential guide to getting started with Raspberry Pi computing and programming
Originally conceived of as a fun, easy way for kids (and curious adults) to learn computer programming, the Raspberry Pi quickly evolved into a remarkably robust, credit–card–size computer that can be used for everything from playing HD videos and hacking around with hardware to learning to program!
Co–authored by one of the creators of the Raspberry Pi, this book fills you in on everything you need to know to get up and running on your Raspberry Pi, in no time, including how to:
- Connect to a keyboard, mouse, monitor and other peripherals
- Install software
- Master basic Linux System Admin
- Configure your Raspberry Pi
- Set–up your Raspberry Pi as a Productivity computer
- Write programmes in Scratch and Python
- Set up the Raspberry Pi to drive a multimedia centre
This is your complete guide to using and getting the most out of the world s first, true compact computer.
Eben Upton is theco– creator of the Raspberry Pi board and the founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation. Gareth Halfacree is a freelance technology journalist, open source advocate and erstwhile sysadmin.