Record Label Marketing: How Music Companies Brand and Market Artists in the Digital Era (Anglais) Broché – 15 janvier 2016
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Record Label Marketing, Third Edition is the essential resource to help you understand how recorded music is professionally marketed.
Fully updated to reflect current trends in the industry, this edition is designed to benefit marketing professionals, music business students, and independent artists alike.
As with previous editions, the third edition is accessible for readers new to marketing or to the music business. The book addresses classic marketing concepts while providing examples that are grounded in industry practice.
Armed with this book, you’ll master the jargon, concepts, and language to understand how music companies brand and market artists in the digital era.
Features new to this edition include:
- Social media strategies including step-by-step tactics used by major and independent labels are presented in a new section contributed by Ariel Hyatt, owner of CYBER PR. An in-depth look at SoundScan and other big data matrices used as tools by all entities in the music business.
- An exploration of the varieties of branding with particular attention paid to the impact of branding to the artist and the music business in a new chapter contributed by Tammy Donham, former Vice President of the Country Music Association.
- The robust companion website, focalpress.com/cw/macy, features weblinks, exercises, and suggestions for further reading. Instructor resources include PowerPoint lecture outlines, a test bank, and suggested lesson plans.
Biographie de l'auteur
Amy Macy is Professor in the Department of Recording Industry at Middle Tennessee State University. She is the recipient of the Distinguished Educator in Distance Learning and the Outstanding Achievement in Instructional Technology. She has worked for labels including MTM, MCA, Sparrow Records, and the RCA Label Group where she marketed Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, and Alabama. Amy was responsible for national retail sales at Walmart, Kmart, Target, and Best Buy, while coordinating marketing strategies nationally with RCA’s distributor Bertelsmann Music Group. She has been an artist in residence at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Clyde Philip Rolston is Professor of Music Business in the Mike Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business at Belmont University. Prior to joining the faculty at Belmont University he was a Vice President of Marketing at Centaur Records, Inc. While with Centaur Records, Dr. Rolston engineered and produced many projects, including recordings by the Philadelphia Trio and the London Symphony Orchestra. He is an active member of the Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association. Dr. Rolston received a Ph.D. in Marketing from Temple University and has taught marketing to music business students for twenty years.
Paul Allen is Associate Professor in the Department of Recording Industry at Middle Tennessee State University and co-author of Record Label Marketing, also published by Focal Press. He is also a frequent lecturer at other universities on artist management and other music business subjects. His career work has included radio, TV, political management, and the music business.
The late Tom Hutchison was a professor of marketing in the Department of Recording Industry at MTSU, but was on leave to serve as the director of the School of Business and Management at Husson University. He worked with a wide range of popular artists including Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, The Roots, and Beck. Tom also conducted market research projects for Sony, MCA/Universal, DreamWorks, and Warner Music Group.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne