Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches (Anglais) Broché – 14 mars 2013
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Il y a une édition plus récente de cet article:
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
New to this edition:
· Because mixed method research has come into its own since the publication of the first edition, every chapter now shows how to implement a mixed method design in your proposal or plan as well as showing how to do the other two (qualitative and quantitative) approaches
· Ethical issues that may arise in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods designs have been added to a new section in Chapter 3
· Writing tips and considerations have been expanded and moved to the first part of the book to get your research plan started in the right direction
· The latest developments in qualitative inquiry, including advocacy, participatory, and emancipatory approaches have been added to Chapter 10
· Mixed Method Procedures (Chapter 11) show readers how to identify the type of mixed method strategy, select the data collection and analysis approaches, and plan the overall structure of the study Examples, drawn from various disciplinary fields, are used throughout the book to deepen the readers understanding of the discussion. These include examples of studies with marginalized individuals in our society that reflect issues in social justice in addition to the traditional samples and populations studied by social researchers.
Biographie de l'auteur
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Un problème s'est produit lors du filtrage des commentaires. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
Part I: Preliminary Considerations
1 A Framework for Design
2 Review of the Literature
3 Writing Strategies and Ethical Considerations
Part II: Designing Research
4 the Introduction
5 The Purpose Statement
6 Research Questions and Hypotheses
7 The Use of Theory
8 Definitions, Limitations, and Significance
9 Quantitative Methods
10 Qualitative Procedures
11 Mixed Methods Procedures
Interspersed throughout the pages are tables, suggested writing activities, examples, and informative step-by-step sidebars pertinent to specific topics. Each chapter is summarized and additional recommended readings to explore are listed. Many of these are obviously outdated, but I found that several could be easily added to my list for additional reference at very affordable prices. In the back of the book is a comprehensive subject index, an author index, and additional recommended references to explore. Once again, some are outdated, but there are some real gems to be found in this list. I'm using this as a reference and am pleased with the content, but if you are actively planning a proposal or working on a degree, you may wish to opt for the updated edition.
He does not make the point, but it becomes clear that "quantitative" and "qualitative" are misguided, misleading, equivocal adjectives - therefore harmful. Other scholars have pointed that out; Creswell makes it easy to understand how those traditional terms are unnecessary.
Good read for beginners who want to build basic understanding of the philosophy behind science. Necessary reading for PhDs who might haven't heard about it (not uncommon).
Other readers commented on serious factual errors and poor style. In my opinion, this don't change the quality of a book written for understanding by those who still don't know. For some reason, this quality is somewhat rare.