Présentation de l'éditeur
applications of reverse engineering, this book provides readers with practical, in-depth techniques for software reverse engineering. The book is broken into two parts, the first deals with security-related reverse engineering and the second explores the more practical aspects of reverse engineering. In addition, the author explains how to reverse engineer a third-party software library to improve interfacing and how to reverse engineer a competitor's software to build a better product.
* The first popular book to show how software reverse engineering can help defend against security threats, speed up development, and unlock the secrets of competitive products
* Helps developers plug security holes by demonstrating how hackers exploit reverse engineering techniques to crack copy-protection schemes and identify software targets for viruses and other malware
* Offers a primer on advanced reverse-engineering, delving into "disassembly"-code-level reverse engineering-and explaining how to decipher assembly language
Quatrième de couverture
If you want to know how something works, you take it apart verycarefully. That′s exactly what this book shows you how todeconstruct software in a way that reveals design andimplementation details, sometimes even source code. Why? Becausereversing reveals weak spots, so you can target your securityefforts. Because you can reverse–engineer malicious code in orderto neutralize it. Because understanding what makes a program worklets you build a better one. You′ll learn how here.
- Learn to read compiler–generated assembly language code forIA–32 compatible processors
- Decipher an undocumented file format or network protocol
- Understand when reverse engineering is legal, and when andwhy it may not be
- See how hackers use reversing to defeat copy protectiontechnology
- Find out how to pull the plug on malicious code
- Determine how to prevent others from reversing your code, andfind out how effective such steps can be
- Explore reverse engineering on the .NET platform and itsassembly language, MSIL
- Observe the dissection of a real–world malicious program andsee how the attacker used it to control infected systems