Russian: From Intermediate to Advanced (Anglais) Broché – 26 août 2014
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Russian: From Intermediate to Advanced is a vibrant and modern course designed to help students achieve advanced proficiency in Russian. Offering a flexible modular approach structured around contemporary themes, the course further develops reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills while also expanding the student’s cultural literacy.
Key features include:
- Structured chapters presenting a wide assortment of readings that include blogs, forums and surveys as well as opinion pieces and commentaries. Each text is accompanied by assignments with increasing levels of difficulty.
- Authentic and up-to-date readings, video and audio excerpts covering a range of relevant social and cultural topics, including Demography, Youth Culture, Politics and Society, Economics and Globalization.
- Video clips from news programs that are used not only to develop listening comprehension but also introduce students to contemporary Russian society.
- Particular attention to helping students acquire advanced vocabulary and the ability to converse, discuss and argue about issues with extended paragraph-length discourse.
- Special focus on the development of strong listening and reading comprehension skills, ensuring that students understand the ideas and supporting details in narrative and descriptive texts and connected discourse.
- A free companion website at http://www.russian.ucla.edu/AdvancedRussian/ offering student and instructor video and audio resources, sample syllabi and tests as well as additional materials.
Written by a highly experienced author team that has co-authored the first year Russian textbook Beginner’s Russian (2010) and the second-year textbook V Puti (2005). Russian: From Intermediate to Advanced will be an essential resource for undergraduate students in their third and fourth year of Russian language study. It is also suitable for heritage learners of Russian who have mastered literacy and are familiar with the grammatical structure of Russian.
Biographie de l'auteur
Olga E. Kagan is Professor and Coordinator of the Russian Language Program at UCLA, USA.
Anna S. Kudyma is Lecturer in Russian and Ukrainian and Teaching Assistant Supervisor at UCLA, USA
Frank J. Miller is Professor and Coordinator of the Russian Language Program at Columbia University and Barnard College, USA.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Among the features especially appreciated by students are an e-version of the book (less costly) and the Russian-English vocabulary in each chapter as well in the end of the book. The grammar charts that come in the appendix are also very valuable.
I believe that anyone who successfully masters the grammatical and lexical information presented by the book, along with its country-knowledge content, will be able to communicate in the contemporary Russian of well-educated people and successfully use the Russian-speaking mass media for any professional purpose. Therefore, I highly recommend this book to all Russian-teaching colleagues as well as independent intermediate-to-advanced learners of Russian.