Présentation de l'éditeur
How to Save or Improve Your Marriage
- Do you believe your spouse has changed since you got married?
- Have you ever wondered where did all the passion disappear to?
- Do you wish you can recapture the “feeling” you had when you were sure you found “the right one”?
- Do you believe you are investing your heart and soul in your relationship; but your love and effort are not being reciprocated?
- Are you afraid to tell your spouse about your true fears, frustration, and hurt?
- Do you have a difficult time apologizing to your spouse because “he/she owes me many more apologies?”
- Do you feel your spouse is more concerned with career, the kids or the dog - than with the relationship?
- Do believe you made a mistake with the selection of your spouse?
- Are you currently in your second or third marriage?
If you answered yes to two out of these nine questions, this book was written for you! If you answered yes to six or more this book will dramatically change your life!
We commonly see two well-meaning mature, capable and committed people get married. They are deeply in love, display genuine care for each other, and seem to have a high level of compatibility on an emotional level. Yet, despite their best intentions, the marriage does not survive. This is a most unfortunate reality of the world we live in.
The truly puzzling fact is that is that everyone getting married believes he/she made the “right” decision, but 60% of first marriages end in divorce. If one goes ahead and “rolls the dice” again, the divorce statistics are even worse in second and third marriages.
As a society, we make constant progress in technology, business, health and science. But when dealing with marriage and relationships, there is something deeply broken in our culture. We are not progressing. What is it that makes people run repeatedly towards love, romance, excitement and passion, only to discover a year or two later that “we're not compatible”?
It gets worse.Many couples who are unhappy in their relationships still choose to remain married and limp along together without intimacy, joy and hope. Often this is done because of children, convenience, finances, and a host of other excuses….
but they are MISERABLE!This has a damaging effect on their self-esteem, work, relationships with their children and coworkers - and invades the quality of their entire life.
There is a way to get your marriage back on track despite past frustrations or failures. I believe marriage was designed to get better over time - not worse. We are meant to experience deeper love, greater joy, satisfaction and fulfillment with our partner. That's the premise upon which this book is written. It is the accumulated experience of hundreds of happy marriages under a variety of circumstances
In this book you will find out:
- How pride and low self esteem can both be equally damaging to a marriage.
- How to develop sensitivity, understanding, compassion and forgiveness instead of taking your spouse’s “attacks” personally.
- Why using “I was Wrong” is far better than “I am sorry”. You will learn when and how to use it.
- How to build a “Love Map” with your spouse and become more familiar with your partner’s inner world.
- How to Keep Investing in your Relationship.
- How to keep investing in YOURSELF so that you can have a happier marriage.
- How to Effectively Manage Conflict
- AND MUCH MORE