The Scissor Skills Sourcebook: A multi-age, scissor cutting program and complete resource guide for teaching scissor cutting skills to children. (Anglais) Broché – 27 avril 2015
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Broché, 27 avril 2015
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
A comprehensive and sequential approach for successfully teaching proper scissor cutting skills to children aged 2 to 7 years and children with special needs.
This sourcebook has been specially designed by a leading Occupational Therapist as a complete resource for introducing and successfully teaching proper scissor cutting skills to children who have difficulty using scissors, have given up trying to cut with scissors, and for younger preschoolers who have not shown any interest in cutting with scissors. Included with new purchase is a bonus full color pdf file download for printing offered directly from the publisher, MadyMax Publications, see page 3 inside book for details.
- Theory on the development of cutting skills.
- Practical advice, strategies, tools and fun solutions for helping children with different types of difficulties.
- Complete cutting program with 50+ multi-page projects (200 pages of color, cut and glue projects) in sequential order of difficulty.
- Progress certificates, observation forms and many other tools.
- 100+ theme based activity ideas.
- Created by a leading occupational therapist.
- Bonus pdf file download for printing offered directly from the publisher.
This sourcebook is for parents, educators, day care workers, occupational therapists and other therapy professionals who are teaching young children or children with special needs who are having difficulty learning to use scissors correctly or are being introduced to scissor cutting for the first time.
Section 1 includes professional knowledge, theory on the development of cutting skills, fun exercises and activities (including gross motor and fine motor activities), advice on what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and strategies for solving small problems.
Section 2: The Sequential Order Cutting Program, includes 50 different multi-page cutting projects, each one more challenging than the last, in sync with the natural development of a child. The projects are categorized into 4 levels of difficulty (straight lines, geometric shapes, curves and circles, irregular shapes) and subdivided into 3 separate project versions depending on the age and competency level of the child (for a total of almost 150 projects).
All the projects are simple and quickly achieved requiring only every day materials such as scissors, glue and markers. Multiple theme-based activities are provided with each project to keep the fun going.
- Each project has been specially designed with minimal visual distractions on the scissor cutting pages to enable children to focus specifically on scissor cutting tasks.
- Instruction pages include an image of a completed project at the appropriate age level to help the child visualize the final outcome.
- Individual projects can be accomplished in short periods of time, keeping attention spans up.
- Theme based activity ideas to use at home, in the classroom or clinic are included – no need to be creative!
Each project can be done at different levels of difficulty (versions). This unique aspect meets the needs of multi-age environments and allows the child to enjoy the same project at different times throughout their childhood.
To meet all needs, this tool is enriched with theory on the development of cutting skills and practical advice to support the child who progresses more slowly as well as tools and observation and monitoring checklists for specialists.
Biographie de l'auteur
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
There is also instructions on teaching how to grip the scissors, ways to help kids that are having a hard time with it, and certificates! This book is jammed full of good stuff! There are three developmental skill groups that she talks about and provides activities for. The youngest age being eight-teen months and the oldest being seven years old but as she says go at your own pas (every child is different). Some children pass seven that are still having trouble with this skill could benefit from this book as well. It really is a must have if you have little children in your home! We are now added this activities into our weekly homeschool time!
I received this item at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased review!
I like the Scissor Skills Source Book as a parent and teacher by empowering me with basic scissor knowledge, tips, movement routines for my children to do to strengthen muscles.
I liked the fact that each project had three versions, we could work on the same project with multiple abilities, and I can keep the book for my lower level children. As they progress in abilities we can move up to harder levels of scissor skills.
The project are simple, fun and engaging to all ability levels and ages of children. This isn't just a book for preschoolers, it can be used by children of any age (toddler and prek and if your older children need some extra help) and with children with special needs
My children have enjoyed this skills book and have shown fast progress in these skills.
As much as I like this book, I do find it overpriced. Granted if you buy the hard copy book you do received PDF also, still.
I received this PDF e-book free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
I received this item in exchange for an honest review.