Semiconductor Device Fundamentals: United States Edition (Anglais) Relié – 2 novembre 1995
Rentrée scolaire 2017 : découvrez notre boutique de livres, fournitures, cartables, ordinateurs, vêtements ... Voir plus.
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Although roughly a half-century old, the field of study associated with semiconductor devices continues to be dynamic and exciting. New and improved devices are being developed at an almost frantic pace. While the number of devices in complex integrated circuits increases and the size of chips decreases, semiconductor properties are now being engineered to fit design specifications. Semiconductor Device Fundamentals serves as an excellent introduction to this fascinating field.
Based in part on the Modular Series on Solid State Devices, this textbook explains the basic terminology, models, properties, and concepts associated with semiconductors and semiconductor devices. The book provides detailed insight into the internal workings of “building block” device structures and systematically develops the analytical tools needed to solve practical device problems.
Quatrième de couverture
From one of the principal authors of the Addison-Wesley Modular Series on Solid State Devices comes a first: an authoritative and innovative text for the undergraduate course, Semiconductor Device Fundamentals by Robert F. Pierret of Purdue University. By incorporating computer-based exercises and homework problems and providing interesting supplementary readings, the author gives students a meaningful and challenging experience in their first substantial encounter with semiconductor devices.Special Features
- Computer-based exercises and homework problems -- unique to this text and comprising 25% of the total number of problems -- encourage students to address realistic and challenging problems, experiment with "what if" scenarios, and easily obtain graphical outputs. Problems are designed to progressively enhance MATLAB®-use proficiency, so students need not be familiar with MATLAB at the start of your course. Program scripts that are answers to exercises in the text are available at no charge in electronic form (see Teaching Resources below).
- Supplement and Review "Mini-Chapters" after each of the text's three parts contain an extensive review list of terms, test-like problem sets with answers, and detailed suggestions on supplemental reading to reinforce students' learning and help them prepare for exams.
- Read-Only Chapters, strategically placed to provide a change of pace during the course, provide informative, yet enjoyable reading for students.
- Measurement Details and Results samples offer students a realistic perspective on the seldom-perfect nature of device characteristics, contrary to the way they are often represented in introductory texts.
- Covers basic terminology, models, properties, and concepts associated with semiconductors and semiconductor devices.
- Provides detailed coverage of the internal workings of such "building-block" device structures as the pn junction diode, Schottky diode, BJT, and MOSFET.
- Includes coverage of a variety of additional devices such as solar cells, LEDs, HBTs, and modern field effect devices.
- In-text Problem Information Tables after each chapter assist you in assigning homework. The tables rate end-of-chapter problems according to their difficulty, suggest credit or point weighting, and list the text section that must be completed prior to working the given problem.
- Program files of the MATLAB scripts associated with the computer-based exercises are available via ftp (ftp://ftp.mathworks.com/pub/books/pierret) or distributed free on disk by MathWorks, Inc. (both Macintosh and IBM-PC compatible versions)
- Crib-sheet-like equation summaries are included in the critical beginning chapters.
- A Solutions Manual with Instructor's Disk is available for both IBM-PC and Macintosh. Solutions Manual includes solutions to all end-of-chapter problems. Instructor's Disk contains MATLAB problem file solutions and a suggested day-by-day course outline. (Available only through your sales rep.)
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
i will recommende it to my class mates