Présentation de l'éditeur
This textbook is perfect for the one-semester bioengineering course usually offered in conjunction with a laboratory on signals and measurements which presents the fundamentals of systems and signal analysis. The target course occupies a pivotal position in the bioengineering curriculum and will play a critical role in the future development of bioengineering students. There are extensive questions and problems that are available through a companion site to enhance the learning experience.
- Reorganized to emphasize signal and system analysis
- Increased coverage of time-domain signal analysis
- Expanded coverage of biomeasurement, using examples in ultrasound and electrophysiology
- New applications in biocontrol, with examples from physiological systems modeling such as the respiratory system
- Double the number of Matlab and non-Matlab exercises to provide ample practice solving problems - by hand and with computational tools
- More Biomedical and real-world examples
- More biomedical figures throughout
For instructors using this text in their course, accompanying website includes support materials such as MATLAB data and functions needed to solve the problems, a few helpful routines, and all of the MATLAB examples. Visit www.elsevierdirect.com and search "Semmlow."