Présentation de l'éditeur
About This Book
- Take advantage of the new features of SketchUp 2014
- Create picture-perfect photo-realistic 3D architectural renders for your SketchUp models
- Post-process SketchUp output to create digital watercolor and pencil art
- Make the most of SketchUp with the best plugins and add-on software to enhance your models
Who This Book Is For
If you are a SketchUp user, from an amateur right through to an architectural technician, professional architect, or designer, this is the book for you. This book is also suitable as a companion to any architectural design or multimedia course, and is accessible to anyone who has learned the basics of SketchUp.
What You Will Learn
- Produce a photorealistic rendering of a scene modeled in SketchUp
- Render ultra-realistic soft shadows from multiple light sources
- Master the low polygon modeling techniques that you need to adopt for visualizations
- Work with texturing techniques utilizing PhotoMatch and your own digital photos
- Enhance your models by adding depth of field and other postprocessing tricks in GIMP
- Devise movie-set scenes to digitally photograph your projects
- Enhance your SketchUp scenes by adding lamps, sun, and sky lighting
- Add smooth camera paths for airborne and walk-through animations
- Learn all of the simple tricks to ensure you get great-looking models when rendered
SketchUp is an amazing and remarkably powerful 3D modeling software used by millions of architects, visualizers, and drafters across the globe. It allows you to create animated 3D drawings and photorealistic renderings that approximate real-life objects easily.
This book is the perfect introduction to SketchUp 2014. It will help you to get started quickly and efficiently to produce and present commercial quality photorealistic or artistic outputs of your designs. It will teach you how to plan and set up the content of your scenes, use SketchUp and professional rendering software to produce stunning visuals and animations, and how to add an artistic touch to your images.
Biographie de l'auteur
Thomas Bleicher has graduated as an architect in Germany and worked as an architect, lighting designer, and daylight consultant in the UK. SketchUp is a central part in his work. He is now working as a design coordinator in the Cayman Islands.
Robin de Jongh
Robin de Jongh is the author of several books on professional workfl ows with SketchUp, GIMP, and Unity3D. He has worked for many years in the construction industry as a CAD designer and at one time ran his own architectural visualization company using SketchUp as the main presentation tool. He now works as an acquisitions editor for Manning Publications where he mentors new authors, and publishes books on Open Source technology topics. You can find him blogging at www.robindejongh.com.