Présentation de l'éditeur
Of course, the problem is not finding a Shakespeare speech - there are thousands of them. It is finding one that is right for YOU.
Teen and tween girls often resort to famous speeches for adults in auditions, which is unfortunate because Shakespeare wrote great speeches especially for suited to them for the apprentices in his company.
In this volume you will find 10 speeches, especially selected for tween and teen girls. The collection steers clear of clichéd choices and offers fresh, gripping material that will help you stand out from the crowd.
For each selection you will find:
- the complete speech, newly edited for this booklet by Shakespearean scholar and director Kurt Daw;
- a paraphrase of the speech to help learn what it means;
- extensive notes on the scansion that tells you exactly how to pronounce any tricky or archaic words in the monologue;
- a full introduction to the speech explaining the context of the speech;
- and suggestions for acting the role.
In addition, this booklet also contains:
- an extensive list of resources including links to great (free) websites,
- lists of the best reference books
- and multi-media sources,
- and a special FREE offer.