Présentation de l'éditeur
Of course, the problem is not finding a speech by Shakespeare - there are thousands of them. It is finding one that is right for YOU.
Make Your Search Easier
This series of booklets, Shakespeare Monologues for your "type," is designed to make this task a whole lot easier. Unlike many books where you buy dozens of monologues only to find that most are "wrong age," "wrong gender," or "wrong type," this series has pre-sorted speeches into useful groupings.
In this volume you will find monologues especially selected for young character women. The collection steers clear of the clichéd choices and offers fresh, gripping material that will help you stand out from the crowd. This volume concentrates on speeches for young character women, like Beatrice from Much Ado, Phebe from As You Like It, and Helena from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
For each selection you will find:
- the complete speech, newly edited for this booklet by Shakespearean scholar and director Kurt Daw;
- extensive notes on the scansion that tells you exactly how to pronounce any tricky or archaic words in the monologue;
- a full introduction to the speech explaining the context of the speech;
- and suggestions for acting the role.
In addition, this booklet also contains:
- an extensive list of resources including links to great (free) websites,
- annotated lists of the best reference books
- and multi-media sources,
- and a FREE special offer.