Présentation de l'éditeur
This second edition of Thai: An Essential Grammar provides an up-to-date and concise reference guide to Thai grammar.
Using clear, jargon-free explanations, it sets out the complexities of Thai in short, readable sections and presents an accessible description of the language. Focus is kept on the real patterns of use today and grammar forms are demonstrated through a wide range of relevant examples. No prior knowledge is assumed on the part of the reader.
- Coverage of crucial topics, such as sentence particles, negation, questions and quantification
- Examples given in both Thai script and romanised transliteration
- Pronunciation section
- Guidance on speech conventions and the Thai writing system
- Glossary of grammatical terms
- Two appendices covering Romanisation systems and three key verbs
This unique reference work will prove invaluable to all learners looking to master the grammar of Thai. It is ideal either for independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
Biographie de l'auteur
David Smyth is Senior Lecturer in Thai at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.