- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Concours d'écriture "Les Plumes Francophones" : tentez de gagner 3 000 euros en publiant votre livre. En savoir plus .
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
This Is Always CD, CD single
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant consulté cet article ont également regardé
Détails sur le produit
Descriptions du produit
Description du produit
On October 4, 1979 Chet Baker played an excellent gig in Copenhagen. From that concert, Steeplechase issued these 3 CD's of over 2 1/2 hours of music. The tunes are somewhat livelier than The Touch of Your Lips recorded by the same group months earlier. Volume 1 opens with 'For Minor's Only', and you know you in for a good show when Chet makes those first few notes that he so often cracked. There are a few moments where Chet seems to loose a little steam, and he has trouble hitting a few notes (a lot of notes on 'You Can't Go Home Again'). However, overall, these recordings are some of Chet's finest work. Highlights include a cool, breezy 'How Deep is the Ocean' and 'House of Jade', a Wayne Shorter tune that Chet recorded only a few times. Volume 3 has an unusual piece called 'Love Vibrations'. Chet blows some rapid-fire solos on that one. The gig also includes the usual all-to-familiar tunes, 'Love for Sale' and 'This is Always'. The latter is highlighted by Chet's sweet solo in the middle that sets it apart from his many other renditions of this song.
Biographie de l'artiste
Chet Baker was a primary exponent of the West Coast school of cool jazz in the early and mid-'50s. As a trumpeter, he had a generally restrained, intimate playing style and he attracted attention beyond jazz for his photogenic looks and singing. But his career was marred by drug addiction. Baker's father, Chesney Henry Baker,Sr., was a guitarist who was forced to turn to other work during the Depression; his mother, Vera (Moser) Baker, worked in a perfumery. The family moved from Oklahoma to Glendale, CA, in 1940. As a child, Baker sang at amateur competitions and in a church choir. Before his adolescence, his father brought home a trombone for him, then replaced it with a trumpet when the larger instrument proved too much for him. He had his first formal training in music in junior high and later at Glendale High School, but would play largely by ear for the rest of his life. In 1946, when he was only 16 years old, he dropped out of high school and his parents signed papers allowing him to enlist in the army; he was sent to Berlin, Germany, where he played in the 298th Army Band. After his discharge in 1948, he enrolled at El Camino College in Los Angeles, where he studied theory and harmony while playing in jazz clubs, but he quit college in the middle of his second year. He re-enlisted in the army in 1950 and became a member of the Sixth Army Band at the Presidio in San Francisco. But he also began sitting in at clubs in the city and he finally obtained a second discharge to become a professional jazz musician. Baker initially played in Vido Musso's band, then with Stan Getz. (The first recording featuring Baker is a performance of 'Out of Nowhere' that comes from a tape of a jam session made on March 24, 1952, and was released on the Fresh Sound Records LP Live at the Trade Winds.)
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne