Présentation de l'éditeur
Troubleshooting Oracle Performance, 2nd Edition is your systematic guide to diagnosing and resolving performance problems in database-backed applications involving Oracle's database engine. Christian Antognini brings a decade and a half experience to his topic. His first edition is one of the most well-respected books in its field. This second edition has been rigorously updated to cover the latest developments in Oracle Database 11g Release 2 through Oracle Database 12c.
What do you do when your database application isn’t running fast enough? You troubleshoot, of course. Finding the slow part of an application is often the easy part of the battle. It’s finding a solution that’s difficult. Troubleshooting Oracle Performance, 2nd Edition helps by providing a systematic approach to addressing the underlying causes of poor database application performance. The author freely shares his experience while explaining the underlying foundations of how SQL statements are executed by the Oracle database engine. You'll be able to draw a solid foundation of theory and shared experience as you face head-on the performance challenges in your daily work.
- Written for developers by an application developer who has learned by doing
- Gives a systematic approach to solving database application performance problems
- Helps you plan for performance as you would for any other application requirement
What youll learn
- Systematically identify performance problems
- Configure the query optimizer to meet performance goals
- Read and recognize inefficient execution plans
- Minimize the impact of parsing upon performance
- Optimize data access, joins, and the physical design of your database
- Improve performance through parallel processing, materialized views, and result caching
- Apply SQL tuning techniques such as hints, SQL profiles, stored outlines, and SQL plan baselines
- Reduce inefficiencies from too much procedural code