Turfgrass Management (Anglais) Relié – 11 mai 2004
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
For an introductory one-semester course or a two- or three-semester sequence in turfgrass management.
In covering the important features of turfgrass systems, interactions between and among system components, and principles of turfgrass management, this book attempts to unlock some of the mysteries of turf and establish the role of cultural interventions for achieving specific objectives.
Quatrième de couverture
First published over 20 years ago, Turfgrass Management has maintained its position as the leading textbook for beginning turf students. A clear and comprehensive guide to principles underlying turfgrass establishment and management, this book includes sufficient detail to be appropriate for courses in weed control, disease management, and insect management in turf.
In addition to updating the information on cultural operations, as well as pesticides and other materials used in turfgrass management, significant improvements to this edition include:
- Expanded introductory chapter includes new sections on the history of turf and the turfgrass industry
- Expanded bioenergetics and metabolism section in Chapter 2 includes more detailed coverage of phytohormones and antioxidants
- Extensively updated turfgrass species coverage in Chapter 3
- New section on water repellent soils included in Chapter 4
- Expanded nutrient formulations coverage in the fertilization portion of Chapter 5
- New section on biostimulants added to Chapter 6
- Expanded 8-page color insert shows morphological common weeds, diseases, and insects
Hallmark features of this best-selling text have been retained including:
- Rich use of illustrations convey key concepts, processes, and relationships that, in aggregate, constitute turfgrass science and management
- End-of-chapter questions help focus attention on key concepts
- Inclusion of a contemporary climatic classification system adapted from Trewartha's system is unique among plant-science texts and provides a basis for determining where specific turfgrasses are adopted anywhere in the world
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com