Ukulele Exercises For Dummies (Anglais) Broché – 5 avril 2013
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Take your ukulele playing to the next level – fast! – with hundreds of fun exercises, drills and practice tunes
You have a ukulele, you know just enough to be dangerous, and now you′re ready to do something with it. You′re in luck: Ukulele Exercises For Dummies helps you become a better player. This practice–based book focuses on the skills that entry–level players often find challenging and provides tips, tricks and plenty of cool exercises that will have you creating music in no time that include:
Creating rock–steady strumming patterns and rhythms
Becoming a better fingerpicker with patterns, arpeggio exercises, and solo fingerpicking pieces
Expanding your fretboard knowledge and crafting your own rock, blues and jazz riffs and solos
Playing actual songs on the ukulele – everything from the classic ukulele tunes to the 12 bar blues!
Downloadable audio files of the exercises found in the book, providing you with a self–contained practice package
No matter if you′re a beginning ukulele player or you′re wanting to stretch and improve your chops, Ukulele Exercises For Dummies puts you on your way to becoming a ukulele extraordinaire!
Quatrième de couverture
You got yourself a ukulele and taught yourself to play a passable ′Happy Birthday,′ but now you′re ready to take it to the next level. You′ve come to the right place. This exercise book is your ticket to becoming a bona fide ukulele hero. It supplies expert tips, tricks and plenty of jammin′ exercises that will have you strumming and picking your way through everything from the classic ukulele tunes to cool jazz progressions, intricate instrumental pieces and blues riffs like a pro in no time. And if you′re brand–new to the uke, you′ll find a lot to like here as well.
- Brush up on the fundamentals discover how to hold your ukulele; play common chords; read ukulele notation and tab, chord diagrams, neck diagrams, and rhythm charts
- Start practising on the right foot shorten your learning curve with pre–practice warm–ups, including finger– and hand–stretches, breathing exercises, and strength–building exercises
- Do some serious strumming strengthen your rhythm, timing and ability to find the right pattern for any song, or even transform simple strumming patterns into sweet improvs
- Become a power–picker master rhythmic fingerpicking songs and solo fingerstyle pieces with exercises that quickly improve speed, flexibility, and fluidity
- Master the fretboard learn to build major and minor scales across the neck of the ukulele, build chords in different positions up, and down the fretboard and craft slick solos in rock, blues and jazz styles
Audio download includes
Over an hour and a half of audio featuring the exercises and songs from the book so you can hear exactly how they should sound
Open the book and find:
- Hundreds of exercises in various keys, tempos and styles
- Strumming exercises from common chord changes to advanced techniques
- Scales and scale sequences
- Picking patterns and exercises that build speed and confidence
- Ways to apply the techniques and tricks you learn to play actual songs
- Warm up exercises that make learning faster and easier
- Tips on performing before an audience
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
I've been a uke teacher for 15+ years and have devoured all the books I could get my hands on. This one stands out as one I consider essential for every student. Not only are the exercises perfect for skill building but they are fun! Most student hate drills/scales/exercises, etc but these are fun enough to want to do them and challenging enough to want to spend time working on them. Those are rare and wonderful qualities in books of this kind.
Everything is covered in a friendly, accessible, comprehensive way. If you like Brett's lessons on his website, [...] you will love this book. It is written in the same clear and comfortable manner with which Brett teaches. Wonderful!
Again, as both a uke player/enthusiast and a uke teacher, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
This is at its heart an exercise book. It's absolutely excellent for that - I've only spent about a week on it and see plenty of places I will improve from. It's also a great book for jumping around in. If you're a middling to advanced beginner (for me, I know all the important chords well, with one or two strumming patterns and no fingerpicking) this will help you advance. No, I haven't completed it - but this has already demystified strumming patterns for me (practice slow at first, then bring the speed up to the listed rate on the example song). I also now have a good understanding (if not ability) of how arpeggios work and I will be working on those.
There are a good number of example songs, though I'd have liked to see more (one per strumming pattern, for example). There is still a good deal of footwork involved for the reader to produce more lengthy exercises on trouble spots. Strumming patterns, for example, are typically two measures long. This is far too short to make an interesting exercise (though it may be effective) and playing it in a song really makes the pattern understandable. I'm only asking for 3-4 lines of music, not complete songs. Other books have complete songs - this one should have had snippets, and in greater numbers. For that it loses a star (half a star, perhaps).
The song choices are seasonal... Christmas music is appropriate for no more than a month or two of the year (less, if you don't go shopping after Halloween). "Jingle Bells," "O Holy Night," and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" are a third of the example pieces in the strumming section. "Silent Night" appears in fingerpicking. "Angels We Have Heard On High," "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel," "Coventry Carol," and "Joy to the World" are the majority of the songs in the fretboard (chords & scales) section. One of the authors must have loved Christmas music, but year-round songs could have been chosen. This is the other star lost.
I haven't purchased a hard-copy "dummies" book in a number of years, but the paper and binding quality is similar to a book of crossword puzzles. I can't see this book lasting long.
3.5 stars, but its shortcomings can be overcome with reader effort to make this your most important daily resource.
PS: one more thing: the book is completely readable and feels confortable in any of my devices (my android smartphone of 4.5", as well as my android tablet of 10.1" and my MacBook Pro).
First rate, can't love it more. Extremely well done!!