WebGL Beginner's Guide (Anglais) Broché – 15 juin 2012
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
- Each chapter is loaded with code examples and exercises that allow the reader to quickly learn the various concepts associated with 3D web development
- The only software that the reader needs to run the examples is an HTML5 enabled modern web browser. No additional tools needed.
- A practical beginner's guide with a fast paced but friendly and engaging approach towards 3D web development
WebGL is a new web technology that brings hardware-accelerated 3D graphics to the browser without installing additional software. As WebGL is based on OpenGL and brings in a new concept of 3D graphics programming to web development, it may seem unfamiliar to even experienced Web developers.
Packed with many examples, this book shows how WebGL can be easy to learn despite its unfriendly appearance. Each chapter addresses one of the important aspects of 3D graphics programming and presents different alternatives for its implementation. The topics are always associated with exercises that will allow the reader to put the concepts to the test in an immediate manner.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the structure of a WebGL application
- Build and render 3D objects with WebGL
- Load complex models using JSON and AJAX
- Set up a lighting model using shaders, physics of light reflection, and lighting strategies
- Create a camera and use it to move around a 3D scene
- Use texturing, lighting and shading techniques to add greater realism to 3D scenes
- Implement selection of objects in a 3D scene with the mouse
- Advanced techniques to create more visually complex and compelling scenes
This book is a step-by-step tutorial that includes complete source code for all of the examples covered. Every chapter builds on top of the previous one thereby giving the reader an immediate feeling of progression. Each block of code is explained, and 3D web development concepts are diagrammed and covered in detail.
Who this book is written for
Biographie de l'auteur
Diego Cantor is a software engineer with experience in government, education, finance, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and data warehouse (DWH) projects. He has also been appointed as instructor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Universidad de los Andes (Colombia) in the department of Systems Engineering.
He did an internship at the CREATIS lab in Lyon, France. During that internship he implemented a component model based on the OSGi standards for medical imaging applications. After that, he did an internship at the Australian e-Health Research Centre in Brisbane, Australia, working on imaging analysis techniques and applying them to the study of Alzheimer's disease.
During his graduate studies, Diego worked on the processing of medical images (MRI) in 3D. This work led him to work with VTK and ITK and later on to research on technologies to improve state of the art medical imaging visualization and medical simulation systems.
Currently he is a PhD student at the University of Western Ontario in Canada. There, he works on computational methods to correlate MRI to digital histology imaging.
Diego speaks English, Spanish, and French.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Un problème s'est produit lors du filtrage des commentaires. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.
de ce fait il ne m'a servi à rien. Donc si vous codez déjà avec OpenGL ou si vous
êtes à l'aise en programmation 3D, passez votre chemin.
Par contre, un développeur qui n'a jamais écrit une seule ligne avec OpenGL, trouvera
une véritable utilité à ce livre qui est bien structuré, assez complet et permettra de faire
rapidement sa première démo,
Il explique bien toutes les bases avec WebGL. Et pour un débutant il mérite ses 5 étoiles. * * * * *
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com