Présentation de l'éditeur
What’s in this wine guide:
* Grape varieties. We describe Argentina’s primary red and white grape varieties, including the country’s signature malbec and torrontés. For each grape, we touch on its unique character in Argentina and the areas in which it reaches its highest expression.
* Vintage ratings. Our straightforward vintage ratings table affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Argentina.
* A region-by-region review. Our detailed profiles of Argentina’s wine-producing regions — Catamarca, Salta, Mendoza, La Rioja, San Juan, Neuquén, Rio Negro — reveal the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced, and what makes them distinctive.
* Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we have marked our favorite grape varieties and regions with asterisks (*) — look for this indication as a sign of quality, consistency and good value.
* A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
Publisher note: This wine guide is focused on wine education, highlighting the unique aspects of Argentina's wine growing regions and grape varieties; this guide does not profile specific producers or rate individual wines.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times