Présentation de l'éditeur
Everyone loves a children's book—and many dream about writing one. But is it actually possible for an unpublished writer—armed with a good story idea and a love of kids—to write, sell, publish, and promote a book? Yes, it is!
Clearly and concisely written with straightforward advice and a plethora of specific up-to-date recommendations, Writing Children's Books For Dummies provides step-by-step information on everything aspiring children's book authors need to know—from researching the current marketplace to developing story ideas, strengthening writing skills, dealing with editors, and submitting proposals and manuscripts to agents and publishers.
- Updated and improved writing exercises
- All new content on social media and establishing an online presence as an author
- Fresh, updated content on publishing via hard copy and all the e- platforms
From setting down that first word on paper to doing a successful publicity tour, Writing Children's Books For Dummies gives you the confidence and the insiders' know-how to write and sell the story you've always wanted to write.
Quatrième de couverture
- Write great stories with memorable characters
- Pen a catchy query letter that sings
- Find an agent and use social media
Your guide to writing, publishing, and promoting a children′s book
Written with straightforward advice and a plethora of up–to–date recommendations, including the scoop on writing e–books, Writing Children′s Books For Dummies provides step–by–step information on everything aspiring children′s book authors need to know. Topics include researching the current marketplace, developing great stories and characters, writing captivating plots with drama, intriguing editors and agents, submitting queries and manuscripts, and making the most of social media marketing.
- Children′s books 101 take an in–depth look at the many different formats of children′s books (including e–books), as well as who actually buys children′s books and why
- Enter the writing zone get a jump on the writing process, discover how to set up your workspace, develop great story ideas, and build upon your great ideas with research
- The plot thickens create a spellbinding story with a workable plot, characters to care about and root for, real dialogue, and a setting to transport your reader to the world you′ve created
- Put on your editor′s cap revise and edit your manuscript, decide whether to illustrate your story on your own, and discover where to look for helpful feedback on your work
- Get the word out consider the pros and cons of working with literary agents versus contacting publishers yourself; get the scoop on book deals, contracts, and self–publishing; and conquer the publishing world with social media marketing
Open the book and find:
- Explanations of children′s book formats and genres
- Details on plot, character, and drama
- Trusted tips on writing believable dialogue
- Info on writing creative nonfiction children′s books
- What you need to know about agents, publishers, self–publishing, and e–books
- The scoop on the illustration process
- How you can promote and publicize your book