Présentation de l'éditeur
If you are thinking of buying a property in France, this is a “rough guide” on what you need to know about French real estate: getting ready to buy, house search, dealing with real estate agents, valuation information, legal and money matters, negotiating advice, renovation tips – and more. This book has been written with a focus on the Uzège area, in the south of France – but its content applies to real estate purchases anywhere in France, too.
“I have written this guide with buyers in mind. As an experienced buyer’s agent, I know the type of questions you ask (about the area, about local properties, about the buying process). I also know that you may have a hard time understanding the French real estate system. My objective here is to provide you with as many answers as possible – in plain English.”
In this guide, you will find answers to the most important elements of the process:
• GETTING READY: deciding what’s really important to you in your search, and doing some homework about France (in general) and your chosen area (in particular);
• SEARCH: learning the important basics and real estate professionals in France, listing agents and property finders – and how to use them to your advantage;
• VALUATION: getting some facts about how to value a house in France, and finding some help to avoid mistakes and prepare the most competitive offers;
• LEGALS: working with notaires, and learning the ins and outs of the contractual process
• MONEY MATTERS: working out your “true budget”, deciding how to make and offer and learning how to frame it, accounting for all costs, looking into renovating a house and renting it out;
• PSYCHOLOGY: understanding how your mind impacts your real estate purchasing decisions - and the behavior of the sellers too.
Also, this guide gives you a quick overview of the Uzège area, near Avignon and Nîmes, close to the Cévennes mountains and the Camargue area.
Written by a licensed (and experienced) French real estate consultant with a United-States education and work experience in the United-Kingdom and Ireland.